- Volunteer for the program (they cannot be forced by their parents/guardians, school, friends, etc.)
- Be between the ages of 15 1/2-18 by the first day of the respective class they are applying to.
- Be credit deficient at school or at-risk of dropping out.
- Be a legal resident of California.
- Be clear of felony charges/pending felonies.
- Live within one of these counties: SANTA CRUZ, SANTA CLARA, MERCED, MADERA, FRESNO, MONTEREY, SAN BENITO, KINGS, TULARE, INYO, SAN LUIS OBISPO, KERN, SANTA BARBARA, and VENTURA, as well as the cities of Lancaster and Palmdale.
To view Residency Requirements, click here.